If you’re new to Tudor Watches and something tells you that they’re strikingly similar to the iconic Rolex brand, you’re not far wrong. In fact, congratulations – you have a keen eye.
Begun in 1926, Tudor Watches were born from the same stable as Rolex. It was an idea from Hans Wildorf, the founding father of Rolex, who wished to produce a more affordable alternative for consumers.
As the decades have progressed, some significant design additions have been made to ensure that Tudor Watches retain a link to Rolex that’s more than just their creator’s name. Their thriving reputation is staked on micro-precise technology and meticulous hand craftsmanship.
Smales Jewellers is proud to be part of the Tudor watch story. We know it’s the perfect choice for those seeking a reasonably priced Swiss luxury watch.
Swiss Luxury Watches in Perth
Tudor Watches initially combined off-the-shelf mechanisms with the quality of Rolex cases and bracelets. In 1952, Hans put his personal endorsement on a major step-up in Tudor design by introducing the famously unique waterproof Oyster case, as well as the original self-winding perpetual ‘rotor’ mechanism.
That’s when the timepiece became a tool watch – perfect for use in the field of research and diving. The French navy soon began using Tudor Watches and the US navy followed suit.
In 2017, Tudor unveiled its latest additions to its Heritage Black Bay (originally Tudor Submariner) and Claire de Rose collections, including:
- The Tudor Black Bay Chrono – the first chronograph powered by the Manufacture Calibre MT5813, column wheel and vertical clutch.
- The Tudor Black Bay Steel – with the Manufacture Calibre MT5813 and a date function.
- The Tudor Black Bay S&G – the Black Bay Steel but with a bezel, winding crown and central bracelet links all in gold.
- The Tudor Black Bay 41 – an elegant sporty take on the emblematic Black Bay with a 41-milimetre diameter and slimmer middle case.
- The Tudor Claire de Rose – a newly styled ladies watch with an opaline dial, self-winding mechanism and with or without a diamond set.
Whether you’re a diver by profession or you’re ready to jump right into the Swiss luxury watch market, a Tudor Watch is the timepiece to consider. Smales Jewellers are always ready to assist you with your decision via our five locations at Subiaco, Bunbury, Kalgoorlie, Karratha and Geraldton.